TRO-Kost GmbH is one of the leading manufacturers of dried vegetables, herbs and mushrooms for the food, animal feed and pharmaceutical industries. Our customers can expect from us the very best quality at attractive, competitive prices. Depending on requirements, we provide you with different cuts (flakes, cubes, granulate, powder) or individual blends according to customer specifications and recipes.
Where possible, the vegetables for our dried products are farmed from our own fields and processing is done in our drying facility. By doing so, we avoid long transport routes and protect the environment. Waste separation and recycling is just as natural to us as reducing our energy needs and using modern and energy saving technology. We source non-domestic products from around the world and prepare them according to European standards.
This is how we are able to offer you sustainable valuable and healthy products.
In order to provide you with the best quality, we have a quality system according to the standard FSSC ISO 22000, which ensures that all valid regulations and laws are complied with. This is checked and confirmed in regular external audits and numerous customer audits.
Our employees are regularly trained and continuously educated.
- Analytical/sensory laboratory: Incoming goods inspections, in-process inspections (sieve analyses, residual moisture, sand content, colour, etc.)
- Microbiological laboratory: incoming goods inspections, in-process inspections (total bacteria count, yeast & mould, enterobacter, E. coli, coliform, etc.), salmonella monitoring as part of all goods receipts based on an accredited rapid test
- Kosher certification
- Halal certification
- Kosher Germany certificate
- Food Safety System Certification 22000
- Foundation of TRO-Kost GmbH by Heinz-Peter Schmidt and Wolfgang Kocher
- Start of developing global raw material sources together with sister company Silva International Inc., USA as well as farming own vegetables in Germany; first stages of processing raw materials from around the world on 8 production lines
- Start of vegetable growing with contract partners in different parts of the world, e.g. Eastern Europe, Asia, South America
- In-house drying facility (2nd 5-belt dryer installed)
- Opening of the branch in Saxony-Anhalt
- Certification according to DIN ISO-9002
- Technical improvements, e.g. installation of a colour sorting facility (Sortex); installation of a steam sterilisation facility
- “Bioland” certification
- New microbiological laboratory at the Steigra factory; establishment of new warehouses
- Second in-house drying facility goes into operation
- Launch of the new sterilisation system; Heinz-Peter Schmidt leaves TROKost GmbH and Wolfgang Kocher becomes the sole shareholder
- Further expansion measures in the microbiological laboratory; 1st participation in the “BioFach” trade fair
- Expansion of existing drying capacity
- General NOP and Bio-Suisse certification received Expansion of storage capacity by 1500 m² to a total of approx. 6500 m²; extension of in-house farming in pot-herbs and root vegetables
- Food Safety System Certification 22000 received (ISO 22000:2005, ISO/TS 22002-1:2009, plus additional requirements of FSSC 22000)
The source of our raw materials is recorded in detail to ensure complete traceability.
Our employees continue to acquire additional skills through regular training and further education.
- Incoming goods inspections
- In-process inspections (sieve analyses, residual moisture, sand content, colour, etc.)
- Incoming goods inspections
- In-process inspections (total bacteria count, yeast & mould, enterobacter, E. coli, coliform, etc.)
- Salmonella monitoring as part of all goods receipts based on an accredited rapid test
The certificates are available in our download centre.